Mantrax recently proposed a CMS (Content Management System) for a National Association facing numerous pain points. Members were frustrated with the online experience. The existing member portal has frustrated members due to usability issues, navigation challenges, and a need for more intuitive features. This dissatisfaction hampers member engagement and overall perception of the association’s value.
- Stagnant membership.
- The stagnant membership growth observed over recent periods is partially attributed to the suboptimal member portal experience. Attracting and retaining new members becomes a daunting task without a user-friendly platform that enhances engagement and facilitates interaction.
- Risk of Member Attrition
- The rise of alternative platforms for managing critical functions, such as recruiting and gaining visibility, poses a significant threat. Members are tempted to explore other avenues that offer smoother experiences and more efficient solutions, potentially leading to a loss of members to competing platforms.
- High Operating Costs
- Inefficiencies within the current member portal have resulted in increased operational costs. Members often resort to contacting association staff for support, creating additional workload and driving up costs. This issue is a drain on resources that could otherwise be utilized for more strategic initiatives.
To find a resolution, the following projects were initiated:
- Phase 1: Functional Research to understand stakeholder’s pain points with the online platform.
- Phase 2: Complete modernization of the legacy platform
Phase 1: Functional Research To Create CMS
In Phase 1, we helped the association listen to their members by providing a neutral platform. The member feedback was combined with a comprehensive system diagnosis and external research. The functional analysis consisted of the following six activities:
The result was a complete 360-degree analysis of member experience. The functional research experience and deliverables included:
1) Consolidated member interviews with actionable insights and prioritized implementation lists
2) Developed technical and functional speciﬁcations to support membership portal modernization
3) Developed User Personas
4) Developed executive summary report to help Association Leadership communication Phase 1 results and proposed digital renewal strategy to stakeholders
5) Collaborated with Association Leadership to develop the scope of the first release of the new portal
Phase 2: End-to-End Modernization of the Legacy CMS
The second phase of the member portal modernization initiative encompasses a comprehensive development scope that aims to revolutionize the digital landscape of the organization.
CMS Project Overview
Phase 2 of the modernization journey represents a pivotal step towards aligning the association’s digital ecosystem with contemporary standards. By focusing on user experience, linguistic inclusivity, data security, and advanced functionality, the organization is poised to set new benchmarks in member engagement and digital transformation. This strategic initiative underscores the commitment to excellence and responsiveness, ensuring that the member portal remains an indispensable asset as the organization continues to evolve.