A manufacturing client required project management support to re-implement IFS ERP system to eliminate extensive customization.
The client implemented the ERP system IFS in 2016. In 2020, four years post-implementation, the Client’s pain points included:
- Only utilizing 50% of the purchased IFS functionality
- Only utilizing ~50% of the customizations implemented in 2016
- Experiencing downtime associated with ‘core code customizations’
- Unable to leverage new developments released by IFS due to heavy customizations. Operating on IFS version installed in 2016.
- High resistance and nervousness from the business to start any new initiative on IFS
Client Project Objectives
- Eliminate 50+ Core Code Customizations and help the business transition to standard IFS functionality
- One-year timeline to transfer IFS functionality currently utilized by the business in IFS APPS 8 to the latest version IFS APPS 10
- Manage budget
Mantrax Project Objectives
- Deliver Client Objectives without the project taxing the Client’s day-to-day operations
- Client’s business team (NOT the Project Team) to lead decisions on processes. Project Team to present options on how to leverage Standard IFS Functionality.
- Deliver a positive and seamless project experience for the Client Project Team and the impacted Client stakeholders.
What We Did
100% Elimination of Core Code Customization
50% Reduction in Project Resource Allocation
100% of Project Scope Delivered
$200,000 Annual Savings in Operating Expenses
Tools We Used
Full Stack Development
Read the full Case Study to see how Mantrax helped Barrday re-implement IFS and shift to standard IFS functionality. The keys to project success were strategic project design, regular mentorship for team members and day-to-day tactical project management.
Every company and project is unique, as a result, at Mantrax we focus on developing a unique project strategy and practical hands-on support to help clients reach objectives on time, on budget and without unwanted chaos.
Download the full case study to read additional client testimonials and for details on the project results.
Decide on the new technology stack which was best suited for their business
Create a list of all database objects (tables, stored procedures, user-defined functions) which needed to be migrated
Have a senior developer work on this project – one who knew the PHP framework as well as the new framework chosen for this application (Angular / Express JS)
Rebuild the application one screen at a time (to get a realistic estimate of time and effort remaining). In parallel, migrate the database objects to a newer supported platform
Maintain the current production application to ensure business continuity